Not a whole lot new to report except that Alicante has been fun, relaxing and I'd come back here in a heartbeat.
The nightlife lived up to its billing. I went to watch the sunset and have a glass or two of sangria around 9:30 last night, then went and had a bite to eat before heading into old town around 11:30 which was just opening up and getting started. Around 12:30 am, things began to move a little and while some clubs were open in El Bario, the happening places were down at the beach. I headed back to the beach, checked out a few clubs and had to say buenos noches around 2:00 am.
While this may be an "overshare" or "tmi" anyone who thinks they have any kind of body image issue needs to come here and spend a few days at the beach. Women who are young, old, fat, skinny, pregnant and everything in between wear bikinis and seem completely unaffected by what anyone might think. They just seem content with their bodies as they are. In Spain, as in a lot of Europe, going topless at the beach is a given. Easily 70-80% of the women I saw were topless with the older women (50+) in the majority. Needless to say, it was a bit of an AHA moment for me.
I've had a nice few days hanging out at the beach, watching people and wandering aimlessly around. Heading inland tomorrow morning for Madrid and Toledo.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment