I enjoyed my day in Sevilla starting out around 10 this morning and by 2pm as the temperature soared and the sun baking the streets, I realized the only people out and about were tourists. After a quick lunch, I finished my wanderings and came back to the hotel for a cerveza and to pack up as I leave early in the morning.
My time in Spain has been frustrating, hot, unsettling, surprising and fun. I've had some great times and seen some beautiful things from the Gaudi in Barcelona to the sunsets in Toledo and Alicante, drank some wonderful Spanish wine, ate some fabulous paella (verde and pesca) and sampled a variety of tapas and Spanish nightlife.
So here's my top 10 for Spain:
10. “Not far” can be 3 blocks or 3 miles
9. Tortilla = omlette
8. Spain beating Germany in Euro 2008
7. Many pairs of flip flops and flat sandals are a must in any wardrobe
6. Pay no attention to queues, they are a just mere suggestion to organize
5. Cerveza at mid-day for hydration
4. Topless at the beach is acceptable for any age and body type
3. Know the word for rude in Spanish (grosero)
2. If you want to dance, don’t think about going out before midnight
1. Always order pitcher of sangria – way better value
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment