Bellagio is often called one of the most beautiful towns in Italy and rightfully so. The town is nestled amid cypress groves and rich, vibrant gardens and the earth toned buildings climb from the lakefront promenade along stepped cobblestone lanes. It occupies the spot on the lake known as Centro Lago where the three legs of Lake Como meet.
I had the good fortune to meet up with some fellow Californians at this great wine bar (thank you, Chuck) and we had dinner together at a nice place on the lake, just outside of town . Sherry and Emma are from Manhattan Beach and Tasha and Connor from Lafayette. It was nice to sit down to a meal without struggling in Italian and have a few laughs and share travel stories. After dinner, we retreated back to the wine bar as I had not finished my tasting flight. As I finished the last glass, I had to bid adieu as the innkeeper told me they locked the gate at midnight. Sadly, I made it back about 12:10 and had to wake him up to let me in. All in all, yesterday was a good day.
In the pics posted yesterday it was evident the rain and bad weather followed me from Milan and this morning I awoke to crystal clear blue skies and everything sparkling. I have a small balcony off my room and can see the lake over the rooftops – marvelous. Today, I enjoyed a leisurely day strolling around the streets and gardens and having lunch on the promenade.
I know I have said everyplace is interesting, beautiful, yada, yada but Bellagio has a different feel than the other places I’ve been in Italy. Given its location, the energy seems somewhat more European (lots of German, French and Swiss visitors) and less touristy than Florence or Rome. All in all, a spectacular choice to chill for a few days.
I had the good fortune to meet up with some fellow Californians at this great wine bar (thank you, Chuck) and we had dinner together at a nice place on the lake, just outside of town . Sherry and Emma are from Manhattan Beach and Tasha and Connor from Lafayette. It was nice to sit down to a meal without struggling in Italian and have a few laughs and share travel stories. After dinner, we retreated back to the wine bar as I had not finished my tasting flight. As I finished the last glass, I had to bid adieu as the innkeeper told me they locked the gate at midnight. Sadly, I made it back about 12:10 and had to wake him up to let me in. All in all, yesterday was a good day.
In the pics posted yesterday it was evident the rain and bad weather followed me from Milan and this morning I awoke to crystal clear blue skies and everything sparkling. I have a small balcony off my room and can see the lake over the rooftops – marvelous. Today, I enjoyed a leisurely day strolling around the streets and gardens and having lunch on the promenade.
I know I have said everyplace is interesting, beautiful, yada, yada but Bellagio has a different feel than the other places I’ve been in Italy. Given its location, the energy seems somewhat more European (lots of German, French and Swiss visitors) and less touristy than Florence or Rome. All in all, a spectacular choice to chill for a few days.
1 comment:
Looks like Bellagio is working out for you. Give our best to Noroberto at the wine bar.
Post a Comment